Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I designed and built this music stand for a friend who wanted me to build this for his bride-to-be as a wedding present. She saw it the first time at their rehearsal dinner and was very pleased. More picture of the Music stand soon.
The finished product. I finished the Music stand with Tung oil and Paste wax.
Almost done with the inlay. The butterflies are made from Lace wood, Ebony, Ash, and Walnut.
Here I am trimming the music shelf after the inlay was completed on my newly restored 14 in. Delta band saw from my uncle.
Here is the Music stand neck made out of three pieces of Walnut. The is how the legs will meet the shelf of the stand and will swivel side to side and up and down.
The main piece to the music stand is the third leg of the stand. Here it is clamped to the form and drying.
This one of the legs clamped in the leg form. I steam bent Ash and Willow in a steam box and quickly put them in the form and applied glue on each layer. A Ash and Willow sandwich.

No comments: